Thursday, March 22, 2012

Big girl panties...

Today I am going to visit my friend who is battling Stage 2 breast cancer. Tomorrow is her surgery where they will perform a double mastectomy. I'm a ball of nerves for her, I cannot even imagine how she feels. I've never dealt with someone who has breast cancer and I'm so afraid of saying the wrong thing or not showing my support.
I'm going to do my best to make this a fun visit, to take her mind off of tomorrow. I'm hoping for no tears and lots of laughs. I'm praying her surgery goes well and that they will get all the tumors. I'm praying that chemo and radiation won't be as bad as she's been told. I'm praying that after all this she will be cancer free.
Time to go find my big girl panties so I can be the best friend in her time of need.

1 comment:

rachel durham photography said...

One of my best friends went through the same thing. While she was on chemo, I visited her every Friday (as many as I could) and we went out to lunch. It was a small gesture, but it meant the world to her.

I will keep your friend in my thoughts and pray all goes well.