Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pretty pots...

The other day while doing dishes some ketchup fell onto the bottom of one of my copper pots. As I continued washing, I noticed that ketchup was making that one spot really shiny. I didn't think anything of it until today when I was putting away dishes. So I got out my copper bottom pots and decided to do a little science experiment.

Here are my not so pretty pots.
Photobucket

Next I squirted ketchup on the bottoms and rubbed it in with my fingers.
Photobucket

Almost immediately I started to see the copper color really starting to shine. It wasn't getting rid marks from years of cooking with them, but the copper itself was really looking nice.
After waiting five minutes and giving them a good cleaning with regular dish detergent, this is what I have.
Photobucket

Nice little improvement. Better yet, it didn't cost a lot, take a lot of elbow grease, or use harmful chemicals!

1 comment:

Sassytimes said...

The power of vinegar! I use it to clean a lot. Mix it with Dawn to clean grime in your shower. Works great! And cheap. ;)