Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Another visitor...

Since my Nana passed away and my Mom moved up to the Lake, we've noticed one lonely swan that keeps visiting. This particular swan will sit right out front of the house and just hang out. Sometimes "she" visits when I'm there and will leave when I leave, other times "she" visits with my Mom. There have been times when "she's" brought friends. The one day, the whole back marsh was full of swans as I arrived and within a few minutes, they were in front of my Mom's house. It's pretty amazing to see.
Swans are known to mate for life. So if you see a lone swan, you know the mate has passed. My Nana lost her 1st husband when my Mom was 8, then married a great man when I was just a wee little one. So to see 3 swans sitting out in the water actually gives me goosebumps, but at the same time a wave of peacefulness comes over me. To know that my Nana and her loves are all together is comforting.
Last year the kids and I drove down to Columbus to visit the zoo for a day trip. As we are walking through the zoo, I hear a familiar squawking from above. When I track down the noise, I see 3 swans flying over head and landing in the little creek right next to me. I quickly had to take a picture and let my Mom know that my guardian angel was watching over us, so we were safe and sound.