Thursday, March 01, 2012

He's just the sweetest...

Jakey has always been a Momma's boy, since the day he was born. Momma is the only one that can make his world right again and put him instantly at ease. I love that about him. Sure it was stressful when he was a newborn and he wanted to be held 24/7 by only me, but I also found it incredible that I could give someone that much comfort simply by loving on him. Times haven't changed all that much in these last (almost) 7 years. Sure I don't have to hold him 24/7 anymore, but he still wants to snuggle with me all the time, still looks to me when he's sad, and confides in me more than anyone.
Last night as we were snuggling in his bed, he hugs me very tightly and this is the conversation we have:
Jakey: "I wish we could snuggle like this all day tomorrow."
Me: "You have school tomorrow buddy, but we can snuggle after school because we don't have anything going on."
J: "Well, I wish I didn't have to go to school because I miss you so, so much when I'm at school."
M: "I miss you too pal, but I know you have fun at school and you don't really miss me the whole time, do you? What about on recess or at lunch or gym class, aren't you thinking about all the fun things you are doing?"
J: "Momma, I miss you all those times, even during math class when our math problem is 5+5. I draw 5 Mommy heads and 5 more Mommy heads and then I have 10 Mommy heads and I just miss you that much more.
I wish I could just bottle him up!

2 comments:

Sassytimes said...

Oh goodness, what a sweet boy!

rachel durham photography said...

That is so sweet!