Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Almost a Mommy fail...

I'm really into country concerts, I mean borderline obsessed really. I want to see as many as I can without traveling too far. Luckily we have a lot of big venues close by and I've been pretty lucky to see quite a few artists. I had a list of artists I wanted to see and my #1 was Lady Antebellum. Their song "I need you now" was very special to Jason and I and I haven't found a song of theirs that I don't like. I tried twice last year to see them. The first time my friend was pretty sure he could get me tickets through his work at the radio station, but it fell through at the last minute. The 2nd attempt was a trip to Indy for our anniversary and it was cancelled because they were to play on the same stage that collapsed right before Sugarland was to perform. I kept checking the tour dates and found that they'd be playing in Detroit at the end of February. I bought them on the spot (mid-November)not even thinking that it was smack dab in the middle of competition season.
Fast forward to the beginning of competition season and we are deciding on where to travel, how much to spend, what are the goals, etc. Votes are always majority rules and the date I didn't want to travel was shot down. It was 3 1/2 hours away the day after my concert. Major panic set in. How was I going to tell Jojo she'd have to miss out on all the fun at a hotel with her closest friends because I was going to do something for me? How early were we going to have to get up, get Jojo all gussied up, to make it to the early morning competition? I was in full blown panic mode, I even thought about just telling the coach, Jojo wouldn't be at that one. But I took many deep breaths, and figured it would all work out.
The next day after the competitions were decided my friend asked me if they could take Jojo with them to the hotel, that way I could have a night out and not have to worry about her missing out on anything. Halleluiah! AMEN! I could have cried because a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders. I was still sad that I couldn't enjoy the fun with everyone at the hotel, but now my baby girl wouldn't miss out on anything.
This past weekend was our crazy, wacky, everyone is in a different place weekend. Jojo was in Indiana, Jakey was in Michigan with my Mom, and Jason and I were at our concert. Let me tell you, it was the best show I have seen! Even Jason was impressed, and that's hard to do. We even made it to Toby Keith's I Love This Bar for dinner and it was right around the corner from the concert! We made it home with Jakey at 1 am, slept a few hours and then got on the road to Indiana. Jojo was all gussied up and so excited to see us. They took 1st place and we were back on the road to come home by 3 o'clock.
Talk about crazy, but it sure was a lot of fun!

No comments: