Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Headband making Diva...

Jojo has always been very creative...whether it's drawing, writing, painting, crafting, you name it, she can do it. A few years ago she got a handheld sewing machine for Christmas and we've never used it. (I know bad Mom, but I never had scrap fabric or a project on hand) Recently on a trip to the craft store she says "I think I'd like to try making headbands". We found scraps of fabric already bundled and elastic and figured we were all set to go. On our return home, we opened up the box of her sewing machine, read directions, and started to sew. And then I realized that the bottom bobbin, wasn't threading and it kept getting stuck. A quick phone call to my master sewer Mom and we packed everything up and headed up to let the pro show us how it's done. I swear my Mom has the master touch, she briefly read the crappy directions, and viola! we were in business! Our test one wasn't the prettiest, but we knew we'd only get better.
The next day, we were determined to make some pretty impressive headbands.
We measured our fabric pieces.
Photobucket
We cut our elastic.
Photobucket
We folded our fabric so the outsides were together.
Photobucket
We turned the piece right side out, then ironed it flat.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Inserted the elastic and sewed that in on both ends.
Photobucket
And our finished product looks pretty darn fantastic!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Can't wait to make more of these with my creative little Diva!

No comments: