Monday, April 16, 2012

My Lexi girl...

Ever since we got my Lexi girl, almost 4 years ago, she has been my shadow. We found her in the paper and as soon as I saw her, I knew she was ours. I'm a HUGE fan of Rottweilers, and Jason knew I was longing for another one. Plus our Sheperd at the time, needed a companion. Even though I had my plate full with my 2 kids, a dog, a guinea pig, a hubby traveling for work all the time,and 4 kids to babysit, I thought "What's one more item on the plate?" I'm a sucker for puppies!
We brought home Lexi and she settled right in quickly. Her previous owner didn't show us her living quarters, but I'm pretty sure they weren't great. She loved sleeping on anything hard, concrete, the floor, a low shelf, etc. Our other dogs, longed to be on the couch or something soft. Lexi also guarded her water bowl. She wasn't mean about it, but she would fall asleep with her head in the bowl, literally letting her snout go under water when she fell into a deep sleep. This led me to believe that she wasn't given an endless supply of water either. So I feel like we saved her from a not so good situation and brought her to the best of the best.
With all the kids in and out of the house, she quickly made it her mission to follow me around and be my shadow. From room to room, we'd go, day in and day out. She'd lay near me when I got the chance to sit down. She would lay on the floor near my side of the bed. Within the last year, she's taken it upon herself to carry around my shoes whenever I leave. She doesn't chew them, she slowly lifts them up, carries them into a room, and drops it. Sometimes she'll lay on them, other times, she just brings them all into a room. This last week, she has started to do this right before bed, and I've caught her in the act. It's quite comical. We try and guess how many shoes she's gotten out before we walk in the door. She never touches anyones' shoes other than mine.
I finally got a picture before I cleaned up the shoes, this is what we walk in to see every time I leave the house.

Photobucket

Yes Lexi girl, I love you too!

No comments: