Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Tasty recipe for your Valentine's Day enjoyment...

Here is a recipe for Taco Chowder made in the crock pot. My sister in law got me Busy People's Slow Cooker Cookbook by Dawn Hall for my birthday and I'm super excited to try these recipes, they all sound so good. Plus most of them are things you usually have on hand and the ingredient list isn't very long. We had this recipe Sunday night and it was DELICIOUS! I waited to tell everyone after they scarfed down a bowl or 2 that it had absolutely NO meat in it. Everyone requested that I make it again soon.


Taco Chowder

1 lb. ground meatless burger (the only one I could find was Morningstar Farms)
1 1 1/4 oz. packet taco seasoning
1 28 oz. can of diced tomatoes, not drained
2 16 oz. cans of fat free refried beans (I only used 1 can, since they are so thick)
1 14 1/2 oz. can of fat free beef broth (you could probably substitute chicken broth or water here)
1 15 oz. can light red kidney beans, not drained
1 15 1/4 oz. can whole kernel golden sweet corn, not drained

Spray crock pot with cooking spray.
Put all ingredients into crock pot and cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 8-10 hours.

I hope you all enjoy this and have a VERY Happy Valentine's Day!!



1 comment:

Katie said...

Can't wait to try it!! Should have copied the cookbook before I wrapped it! Lol!